School of Mechanical Engineering
NAME OF THE PROGRAM
B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Program Educational Objectives for the B. Tech program in Mechanical Engineering are:
- Graduates shall be able to provide solutions to mechanical engineering problems involving design, manufacturing, heat power, and operational management issues.
- Graduates shall be able to perceive the limitation and impact of engineering solutions in social, legal, environmental, economical, and multidisciplinary contexts.
- Graduates shall demonstrate professional responsibility and thrive to reinforce their knowledge being a part of formal or informal education programs.
ABET-EAC Student Outcomes
The ABET-EAC student outcomes for the program are:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic , environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members t