Vice President of India delivers Convocation Address
Second Convocation ceremony of 2006 pass out batch of KIIT University, Bhubaneswar was held in the Kathajodi Campus of the University on 13th October, 2006. Convocation Address was delivered by the Chief Guest on the occasion, Dr. Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, His Excellency The Vice President of India (then) in the august presence of Shri. Naveen Patnaik, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odisha, Shri. D. H. Shankaramurthy, Hon’ble Minister of Higher Education, Karnataka and Dr. A. Samanta, Chancellor of KIIT University. Shri. Rameshwar Thakur, His Excellency The Governor of Odisha (then) presided over the ceremony. A total of 986 graduates received the coveted degrees in technology and management in the second convocation. Gold and silver medals were awarded to 19 outstanding performers from different streams.
GOLD AND SILVER MEDAL WINNERS
A. Chancellor Gold Medal for securing highest CGPA in M.Tech & MBA and DGPA in B.Tech & MCA
1. Supriya Kumar, B.Tech, CSE
2. Rachana Labh, MCA
3. Ansuman Samal, MBA
4. Chinmayee Nayak, MBA (B&I)
5. Srinivasa Raju Indukuri, M.Tech, CSE
B. Vice Chancellors Gold Medal for Best All-rounder in MBA
” Subhransu Kumar Pattnayak, MBA (B&I)
C. P. K. Bal Memorial Gold Medal for Best All-rounded in MBA
” Kavita Kumari
D. PPL Gold Medal for best student of Marketing Specialization in MBA
” Madhumita Bhattacharjee
E. Vice Chancellor Silver Medal for securing highest branch wise DGPA in B. Tech
1. Supriya Kumar, Computer Science and Engineering
2. Manoja Kumar Mishra, Mechanical Engineering
3. Aswini Kumar Senapati, Civil Engineering
4. Sudipta Kumar Panda, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
5. Sujata Paramaguru, Electronics and Electrical Engineering
6. Sudha Balodia, Information Technology
F. Vice Chancellor Silver Medal for securing highest branch wise CGPA in M. Tech
1. Srinivasa Raju Indukuri, Computer Science and Engineering
2. Tapaswini Samanta, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
3. Gouri Sankar Padhy, Electrical Engg.
4. Smrutirekha Sen, Mechanical Engg.
5. Suresh Chandra Pattanaik, Civil Engg.