The Centre set up under the aegis and financial support of the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (No:10-18/2008-R&D/BE; MNRE and No:5-5/2014-BE; NBMMP, dtd 23.03.2010, Govt. of India), is a leading research institution in the eastern India with its wide range of extension activities carried out in the states of Odisha, Jharkhand, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh and Telengana. The centre focuses on the R&D affairs in bioenergy and conducts awareness camps as well as skill development training courses in the rural locations of the designated states besides the on-the-field monitoring and inspection activities as per the guidelines envisioned in the National Biogas Manure Management Programme (NBMMP). Apart from these, the centre is also mandated to organise staff course and turn-key programme for evolving latest technological trends in bioenergy and execution of those interventions at grassroots level.
Objectives of the Centre
- Facilitate qualitative research on biogas especially the initiatives directed towards enhancing biogas from kitchen and allied municipal biodegradable wastes apart from conventional source of cattle dung, and introduction of the output to the end-users of bioenergy.
- Monitor the activities of state nodal agency (SNA; OREDA) along with supervising the operation of biogas based power generation units (BPGP) and monitoring the functionality of family-type biogas plants commissioned by the SNAs as a part of the major responsibility entrusted by MNRE to the BDTCs.
- Coordinate with the SNAs in formulating skill development training courses and enabling them to achieve the desired targets allotted to the SNA for the construction of family-type biogas plants.
- Study and develop feasibility reports of BPGP proposals and play an anchor in commissioning the same under its jurisdiction.
- Organise short-term interactive workshop by inviting stakeholder from leading financial institution like NABARD, SIDBI, govt. functionaries & eminent scholars of biogas sector. The endeavour is intended to make biogas plants (domestic and commercial) technically feasible and economically acceptable in the country.
From the R&D perspective and innovative technological front, the centre is committed to lay its perpetual endeavour in evolving tech-savvy solutions to counter the hindrance surfacing in the bio (renewable) energy sector, at the lab scale.
|Principle Investigator||: Dr. Avinash Sonawane, Assistant Professor, School of Biotechnology, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar|
|Collaborators||: Dr. Debasish Dash, IGIB, New Delhi|
|: Dr. Sulagna Banerjee, University of Minnesota, USA|
|Students participating :|
|Arpit Kumar Srivastava||Faizaan Hassan|
|Sweta Karan||Sneha Singh|
|Aradhana Sarangi||Chanchal Kumari|
|Vikas Singh||Ishita Rehman|
|Nidhi Kumari||Kuntal Das|
|Mrinal Kanti Chatterjee||Mousumi Mohapatra|
|Akanksha Srivastava||Ipsita Pradhan|
|Gayatri Pradhan||Gautami Devi|
KIIT Technology Business Incubator (KIIT-TBI) is an initiative of KIIT University supported by Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
KIIT-TBI has got the recognition of a Technology Business Incubator (TBI) in 2009 by National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Government of India under the aegis of Department of Science & Technology. With this it has become the first such TBI in the state of Odisha and one amongst the forty-odd in the country.
The venture is set up to facilitate economic development by developing and nurturing entrepreneurs to enable them to establish small, medium – business enterprises leading to creation of job, rejuvenate communities, commercialize critical new technologies and strengthen local and national economies.
|Roboticwares||Roboticwares deals in the fields of embedded systems, Software solutions & Web Applications, for developing real time solutions.|
|Hellodoctor24x7||Hellodoctor24×7 is an integrated health care management company (a health care KPO) led by young entrepreneurs from Odisha, based on the concept of e-health and telemedicine, aims to provide health care services at the door steps using modern information and communication technologies (ICT), like mobile phone and internet.|
|Innovadors Lab||Innovadors Lab is a mobile based technology company specializing in providing mobile based solution which provides automation and gives security to daily life appliances as well as to protect homes, office etc from any unwanted situation or any hazard.|
|S.ON.I Security||S.ON.I Security System is a company developing password protection software which helps in enhancing the security environment.|
|Legal Process Unit||This proposed company would be an online legal service provider and Legal Process Outsourcing Agency.|
|Biopesticide Development||The group is devising/formulating its own in-house biopesticide product for commercialization at a later stage.|
|Agrosense||Agrosense is working on development of multi-parameter biosensors for soil testing.|
|Biologic India||Biologic India is working on production of Probiotic Products and immunomodulators.|
|EDP-Odisha||EDP-Odisha is currently engaged in development of STG (Standard Treatment Guidelines) and EDL (Essential Drug List) for use of Ayurvedic medicines.|
|Visit www.kiitincubator.in for details|
The KIIT School of Management(KSOM) of KIIT has added a new feather to its cap by entering into an alliance with SAP University Alliance Program. Through the alliance, the KSOM and SAP UA will provide SAP education to MBA students so as to make them perfect IT enabled business graduates to work not only in SAP client organisations (around 85% of top global organizations use SAP) but also all other promising business environments meaningfully.
An US certified SAP consultant, formerly with the IBM and Deloitte, having twelve years of SAP experience from various Industries across the Globe, leads the COE-SAP at KSOM. The Lead and other faculties get continuous input on SAP through the alliance program and in turn provide MBA students with the latest SAP education .
Currently, the KSOM offers the courses on SAP-ERP in the form of EIS and ERP from its Center of Excellence (COE) for SAP to its MBA students, with the following objectives.
To make students
- Understand and appreciate Business Processes, Information Technology and concept of BPR and ERP-SAP
- Understand how business processes integrated with information technology through ERP-SAP can speed up daily transactions and provide better customers services.
- Understand and map Organization structure, Master Data, Rules and Transactions of SAP MM (Materials Management) and SD (Sales and Distribution) modules.
- Use SAP latest version ECC 6.0 for a case study – Global Bike Inc. in their Lab practice(as suggested by SAP)
In its perpetual journey of excelling in education sector, the KSOM promises to offer additional appropriate SAP courses as would be demanded by Industries in future.