UMAP Discovery Camp 2030: Future is now will majorly focus on SDGS related to EEE i.e Equality, Energy and Environment. KIIT and KISS at the forefront of sustainability work in teaching and research, the university has been highly ranked three years in a row in Times Higher Education’s ranking for its work towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. KIIT has recently been placed in the cohort of 600-800 in World University ranking 2023 by Times Higher Education. Students from all UMAP member universities are welcome to work in teams at KIIT and KISS University to address real life challenges related to SDGs such as: Reduced inequality, Affordable and clean Energy, Sustainable production and consumption, and strong, democratic and engaging institutions for all. The winter camp aims to facilitate student-community involvement, enhance intercultural skills, and build relationships between participants from different cultures. Our social programme will include a welcome and farewell ceremony as well as day trips and social activities, allowing students to experience sustainability initiatives. Students will learn through lectures on each topic which will majorly include sessions on-
- Overview of progress towards the agenda 2030 and the SDGs
- Inequality and indigenous experience
- Implementation of practical energy efficiency measures
- Environment protection and Sustainability
- Individualised hands-on activities, games, and competitions
- Societal Factors: global, social, economic, and environmental impact
- Community engagement Sessions
- Excursion to local areas
- AC room-sharing accommodations are available in campus
Discovery Camp Information
If your institution is a member of UMAP, the program fees will be fully paid by host institution (KIIT & KISS) for each selected student. The Winter Discovery Camp program fee includes accommodation, food, and program activities.
Students need only pay for transportation to/from the program destination, visas, insurance (travel/health if required) and personal expenses.
- Open for all students of UMAP Member universities only. (* Selection of applicants will be based on the profile of the student)
- Candidates must have basic English proficiency or fluency in spoken English.