The University has a policy of adoption of local schools where the University provides organizational, infrastructural and financial supports and the students and staff members provide intellectual inputs. These school students are also provided access to academic and sports facilities at KIIT.
The University has adopted a number of primary schools listed below:
- Patia Primary School, Bhubaneswar
- Patia Girls’ High School, Bhubaneswar
- Pathani Samanta High School, Bhubaneswar
- Saraswati Sishu Vidya Mandhir, Bhubaneswar
- Sivananda Centenary Boys High School, Bhubaneswar
- National Federation of the Blind, Bhubaneswar
- Kishore Nagar College, Cuttack.
- Kalarabank U.P School, Kalarabank,
- Raghunathpur U.P School, Dist-Jagatsinghpur.
- Purna Chandra Vidya Mandir, Jagatsinghpur.
- Tulsi Women’s College, Kendrapara.
- Hariswar Dev Vocational Science College, Puri.
- Panchashakha Private ITI, Shakhi Gopal, Puri.
- Kabi Prasanna Patsani High School, Puri.
- Dinakrushna College, Balasore
- Jaleswar Town High School, Nuabzar, Balasore.
Within the academic framework of present syllabus approved by Govt of Odisha, the University helps the school in the following domains:
- Content delivery design
- Training the teachers to use the technology to give audio visual experience to students
- Online learning
- Training the teachers in soft skills and teaching methodology
- Give exposure to students and school to different fields of higher education starting from science to engineering, medical sciences etc, field visit to other universities, allowing them to attend the various seminars, conferences and events organised by the University.
- Conducting periodical training of the teachers by the HRD department of the University with special focus on academic leadership.
- Students excelling in sports are provided additional grooming and coaching in their respective sports at KIIT.
- Basic education and awareness on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Policies reviewed & revised on Jan 31, 2020